Thursday, April 8, 2010

A recent painting - Moses in the sink

It's been a while since I posted. I have to admit I have been very busy preparing for an upcoming show, The Hibiscus Festival, in Vero Beach, on April 17th.

Here is one of my latest works. I have been experimenting with a new method using lots of masking layers and glazing very wet layers of paint with wet-in-wet applications. I am having lots of fun, and learning a lot! This is Moses, one of my daughter's cats. His name is so appropriate! He loves the water. I painted him with much more gold/warm colors than he is in real life, but I wanted the warmth and yellow tones to compliment the blues and purples in the tile, wall and sink. I am working on a few more paintings using this technique and I will try to post them soon!

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

HH and The Boys said...

I'm lovin' this painting of Moses. He looks right at home in the sink.
*nosetaps*