Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pine Lake Cottage Completed

Ah, the finished painting! I had such a great time creating this piece! Ironically, I camped at this lake as a child. As I was painting it I was reminded of how tall the trees in Michigan can grow. They produce a cool, dappled shade on the lawn and reflect in the waves of the water. I can remember the cool summer breezes off the lake, and the smell of the fresh air! I really hope this painting captured my emotions.

I have a small booklet on my etsy shop about How to Paint Trees. I have clear descriptions of how to apply watercolor in glazes to create the illusion of foliage. The booklet covers several different types of trees and includes palm trees, which I added when I moved to sunny Florida!

Click here for my etsy shop.

No comments: