Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Painting - Bird Man

I've been away for a few weeks helping with some family issues in Michigan, but now I'm back! This is a piece I worked on over the summer and just framed today. I call it "Bird Man". This was a man I saw last summer feeding the birds on the beach at Indialantic, Florida. When he walked onto the boardwalk the birds immediately started to gather, so I am assuming he was a regular there. I could see his delight and patience with the birds and each bird had a personality of its own, some cranky and rushed, some slow and patient.

The colors in this piece were fun and I did a little direct painting into the darkest areas and on the birds at the end of this work.

I will be showing this piece along with many of my newer paintings at the ArtWorks of Eau Gallie art show coming up the weekend before Thanksgiving. Please stop by and say hello if you are in the area! Details are on the Upcoming Events page of my website: http://watercolorworksart.com/events.htm

No comments: