Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old Fisherman Watercolor

This is a painting I finished recently. I had a reference photo that I shot at the Sebastian Inlet here in Florida. I love that place! There are always interesting characters fishing at the end of the pier.

I changed a lot with this guy, except for the pensive look on his face. His clothing and cap are different from the photo and I made the decision to eliminate all of the extra noise in the background to highlight the warm tones and wrinkles in his face.

I call this one "Old Fisherman", and it measures approximately 14 by 20 inches.

This was an incredibly fun piece!

1 comment:

Artes da Cris said...

Your work is wonderful. I love watercolor painting. It's an amazing media and when I'm painting it's like going to another place where everything is calm and peaceful...
Congrats,
Ana from Brasil.