Saturday, December 4, 2010

Watercolor on Canvas - Crabby

Now that the Thanksgiving festivities are completed, I can get back to a little artwork. I have taken a few diversions this week and played with beads and jewelry things, but I do have a new image to show from my painting studio.

This is "Crabby". It is a poured watercolor on canvas. The canvas was treated with a special ground to make it act like watercolor paper. Then I use the same pouring method I have been experimenting with for the past year. After the painting is completed, all masking is removed and the final touch-ups are done, I coat the painting with a clear UV coating to preserve it.
This piece is 16" by 16". The most exciting part is that the paint drips over the gallery wrapped edges and I don't have to frame it. I think the colors in this piece came out so nice.
Hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ive been experimenting with pouring on canvas with acrylics for some time. Can you tell me what special ground you use on the canvas to make it act like watercolour paper? It may be available in Australia but have not heard about it
thanks